Daily Five Apr 17 2017
All the below notes will also be updated in the ARISE IAS RAG List for systematic revision.
Join below telegram group for daily updates/questions/tips Click Here
1. Consider the following sources of freshwater on earth.
2. Ice caps
4. Fresh water lakes
Arrange the following in decreasing order of availability of freshwater from
The codes given below.
2. Rear view mirrors used in on two wheelers are
(a) Concave mirror
(b) Convex mirror
(c) Plane mirror
(d) A combination of concave and convex mirror
3. In the eye donation, which part of the eye is transplanted from the donor?
(a) The whole eye
4. In the context of India, which of the following embodies the concept of Secularism?
1. The State cannot interfere in any religious affairs.
2. The Indian State recognises that wearing a turban is central to a Sikh’s religious practices
3. The Indian Constitution grants the right to religious communities to set up their own schools and colleges.
4. Government schools cannot promote any one religion
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 2,3 and 4
(c) 1, 2 and 4
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
5. Which of the following statements on photosynthesis is correct?
A. chlorophyll containing cells of leaves in the presence of sunlight, use carbon dioxide and nitrogen to synthesize carbohydrates
B. The presence of starch in leaves indicates the occurrence of photosynthesis.
C. Stomata helps in capture of sunlight to help chlorophyll in synthesizing food
D. The leaves have a green pigment called chlorophyll. It helps leaves to capture carbon dioxide
Justification: you have to arrange in decreasing order, you should apply elimination in such questions. It is common knowledge that ice-caps are the largest source of fresh water, which eliminates option A and C. Atmospheric water is more abundant than river which eliminates option B. So Answer is D
The images reflected in a convex mirror, then, look smaller than they are — they’re compressed.
This is why convex mirrors are used on all kind of automobiles, they reflect more in a smaller space. In other words, a convex mirror has a wider field of view than a flat one, which can only reflect the area right in front of it. With a wider field of view, the rider has more information about the area to the right of the vehicle
The State can interfere in religious affairs. This is called positive interference. For example, in order to prevent religion-based domination, the Indian Constitution bans untouchability. The State intervenes in religion in order to end social practice that discriminates and violates fundamental Rights of lower castes.
The Indian State recognises that wearing a turban is central to a Sikh’s religious practices and in order not to interfere with this allows an exception in the law
Article 25-28 specifies the Right to freedom of religion, wherein the religious communities can set up their own schools and colleges. Financial aid is provided on a non-preferential basis. Government Schools cannot promote any particular religion. But this rule does not apply to private schools.