Daily Five Feb 14 2017
- Today’s Tips/Tricks
- Today’s Prelims Questions
- Today’s QuickBytes
- Today’s RAG topics
- Today’s Mains Questions
All the below notes will also be updated in the ARISE IAS RAG List for systematic revision.
Join below telegram group for daily updates/questions/tips
For map related questions, it’s important to keep track of places in news. Check the location of these places in the map (oxford atlas or world map chart) and also pay attention to its neighbours/resources/rivers/mountains etc.
Today’s Prelims Questions
1. Base metals are frequently in news. Which of the following is not a base metal
2. Consider the following statements
1) state legislature has the power to reject the changes brought In its area, name & boundaries by the union parliament in India,
2) parliament of India is bound to follow the suggestions of the state legislature in the matter related to state boundaries
Which of the following is/are correct
d)both are incorrect
A base metal is a common and inexpensive metal, as opposed to a precious metal such as gold or silver. Base metals are widely used in commercial and industrial applications. Important base metals are aluminium, copper, lead, nickel, tin and zinc.
Today’s QuickBytes (Use these quotes/figures/facts in your Mains Exam)
Parliamentary committee composition, roles and functions http://cms.gcg11.ac.in/attachments/article/261/Parliament â€“ Composition, Powers and Role.ppt
Today’s RAG topics
1. One China Policy Link: (SOURCE)
2. Chief of defence staff Link: (SOURCE)
Today’s Mains Questions
1. What is the ‘One China’ policy? Should New Delhi recognise ‘One China’ only when Beijing recognises ‘One India’? Discuss
2. Why India needs a chief of defence staff? What are the reasons for its delay?