Daily Five Jul 11 2017
Divide essay into sub topics so that one does not get diverted while writing the essay
2. Prelims Questions
1) Which of the following is part of Gligit-Baltistan?
2. Nanga Parbat
3. K2 (Mount Godwin-Austen)
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
A) 1 and 2 only
B) 1 and 3 only
C) 1 only
D) All the above
2) Which of the following is incorrect about cartosat-2?
a) It is a communication satellite
b) It is an earth observation satellite
c) It has been launched in a sun synchronous polar orbit
d) Both 2 and 3
Gilgit-Baltistan is home to some of the world’s highest mountain ranges. The main ranges are the Karakoram and the western Himalayas. The Pamir Mountains are to the north and the Hindu Kush lies to the west. Amongst the highest mountains are K2 (Mount Godwin-Austen) and Nanga Parbat, one of the most feared mountains in the world.
2. A (question is incorrect)
Cartosat-2 is an Earth observation satellite in a sun-synchronous orbit and the second of the Cartosat series of satellites
3. QuickBytes (Use these quotes/figures/facts in your Mains Exam)
Srimad Madhva said: “Man is the servant of God”, and established his Dvaita philosophy.
Srimad Ramanuja said: “Man is a ray or spark of God”, and established his Visishtadvaita philosophy.
Sri Sri Sankara said: “Man is identical with Brahman or the Eternal Soul: and established his Kevala Advaita philosophy.
4. RAG topics
2. Population (Today World Population Day)
5. Today’s Mains Questions
1. The worst symptoms of overcrowding in every aspect of living conditions are manifested in the urban areas. A situation of “over urbanisation” puts intolerable strain on urban services. Discuss.
2. Identify the problems with implementing measures to control population. Discuss the actions taken by the Government for achieving the same.
3. Population growth and distribution are significant factors in producing vulnerability to natural disasters and drive disasters both statistically and economically. Justify.
4. Unplanned Urbanisation in India has added undue pressure on Social and Physical infrastructure in our country. Discuss.
5. Discuss various social changes which originated out of population growth and its associated effects.
6. Identify SDG related to education. Explain various measures taken by GoI to promote and reform higher education sector in India.
7. Education is a vital ingredient for actualizing the ‘demographic dividend’ and for achieving higher, sustainable and more inclusive economic growth. Comment.
8. Discuss the recommendations of the TSR Subramanian committee on new educational policy in the light of current challenges facing higher education in India.
All the above notes will also be updated in the ARISE IAS RAG List for systematic revision. Join below telegram group for daily updates/questions/discussions Click Here