Daily Five Jul 21 2017
They say IAS is the mother of all exams, Is it?
Wrong!!! This is just another exam.
The mother of all exams is Life.
You can afford to fail in IAS, but not in Life.
So, take IAS preparation as a phase in Life, not as your Life.
2. Prelims Questions
1. Which of the following disease is not spread by Aedes aegypti?
a. Yellow fever
c. Rift valley fever
2. Which is the right sequence of the following according to their geographical position from north to south
a. Egypt, Djibouti, Sudan, Somali
b. Egypt, Sudan, Djibouti, Somali
c. Egypt, Eritrea, Somali, Djibouti
d. Egypt, Sudan, Somali, Eritrea
Malaria: The disease is most commonly transmitted by an infected female Anopheles mosquito. The mosquito bite introduces the parasites from the mosquito’s saliva into a person’s blood.
3. QuickBytes (Use these quotes/figures/facts in your Mains Exam)
The main objectives of the revamped Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojana (SJSRY) scheme are:
(i) addressing urban poverty through gainful employment to the urban unemployed or underemployed poor by encouraging them to set up self-employment ventures (individual or group) with support for their sustainability, or undertake wage employment
(ii) Supporting skill development through training to enable urban poor to undertake self-employment and
(iii) Empowering the community to tackle the issues of urban poverty through suitable self-managed community structures
4. RAG topics
A. Mob Lynching
B. Employment Generation in India
5. Today’s Mains Questions
1. India is facing a challenge of increasing mob lynching in the name of cow vigilantism. Critically examine whether it is law & order issue which is in state list or a National Issue. Specify the role of state Govt. and measures which should be taken in this matter.
2. What do you understand by the term “Gainful employment”? Highlight the various issues in India related to gainful employment and role played by Skill development program in it.
All the above notes will also be updated in the ARISE IAS RAG List for systematic revision. Join below telegram group for daily updates/questions/discussions Click Here