Daily Five Jul 30 2017
Secret for success is to live in present. Can you do this? Try!!!
2. Prelims Questions
1. Which of the following most likely help in improving the current account deficit?
a. Rupee depreciation
b. Rupee appreciation
c. High inflation
d. Low inflation
2. What is the Beijing Platform for Action?
A. An agenda for women’s empowerment adopted in 1995 at the Fourth World Conference on Women in Beijing
B. launch site for space ships in Beijing, China
C. portal where you can take action on gender equality
D. platform which first proposed “One belt One Road”
3. QuickBytes (Use these quotes/figures/facts in your Mains Exam)
The Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS) is a centrally sponsored scheme aimed at building a protective environment for children in difficult circumstances, as well as other vulnerable children, through Government-Civil Society Partnership
The ICPS: Objectives
ICPS brings together multiple existing child protection schemes of the Ministry under one comprehensive umbrella, and integrates additional interventions for protecting children and preventing harm. ICPS, therefore, would institutionalize essential services and strengthen structures, enhance capacities at all levels, create database and knowledge base for child protection services, strengthen child protection at family and community level, ensure appropriate inter-sectorial response at all levels.
The scheme would set up a child protection data management system to formulate and implement effective intervention strategies and monitor their outcomes. Regular evaluation of the programmes and structures would be conducted and course correction would be undertaken
4. RAG topics
A. Fiscal Deficit
B. Low learning outcome in India
C. Skill development
5. Today’s Mains Questions
1. Fiscal Deficit of the Centre as percentage of GDP has declined consistently since 2013-14 from 4.5 per cent to 3.5 per cent in 2016-17 (provisional actual). Outline the reasons for introduction of FRBM, Act 2003 in light of multitude problems related to High fiscal deficit.
2. India’s education system has not achieved strong learning outcomes for reasons that are as diverse and nuanced as the country itself. Discuss.
3. Study by CII (confederation of Indian Industry), says that requirement of skilled workforce by 2030 will be 30 crore on India. Critically analyse efforts made by GoI to achieve the targets.
All the above notes will also be updated in the ARISE IAS RAG List for systematic revision. Join below telegram group for daily updates/questions/discussions Click Here