Daily Five May 06 2017
All the below notes will also be updated in the ARISE IAS RAG List for systematic revision.
Join below telegram group for daily updates/questions/tips Click Here
1. The Speaker of the Lok Sabha derives his powers and duties from:
(a) The Constitution of India
(b) The Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business of Lok Sabha
(c) Parliamentary conventions
(d) All of the above
2. For a citizen of India, the duty to pay taxes is a:
(a) Fundamental Duty
(b) Legal obligation
(c) Constitutional obligation
(d) Moral obligation
3. Which Indian city was named as “the National Earth Hour Capital 2015”?
4. One feature distinguishing the Rajya Sabha from the Vidhan Parishad is:
(a) Power of impeachment
(b) Indirect election
(c) Nomination of members
(d) Tenure of membership
5. Appointment, posting and promotion of district judge in a state are made by the:
(a) Governor in consultation with the High court.
(b) Chief justice of the High court of that state in consultation with the Governor.
(c) President in consultation with the High court.
(d) President in consultation with the Governor and the High court.