Daily Five May 27 2017
All the below notes will also be updated in the ARISE IAS RAG List for systematic revision.
Join below telegram group for daily updates/questions/tips Click Here
1. Which of the following bodies does not find a mention in the Constitution of India?
2. Parliamentary Committees
3. NITI Ayog
4. Prime Minister’s Office (PMO)
Select the correct answer from the codes given below.
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 3 and 4 only
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
2. In the electoral process in India ‘The model code of conduct’ comes in force from:
(a) The first day for filling the nominations by candidates
(b) Day on which the dates for elections are announced by Election Commission
(c) The last day for filing the nominations by candidates
(d) 48 hours before the polling begins in the first phase of election
3. Which of the following appointments is/are made by the President of India?
1. The Chairman of Finance Commission
2. The Deputy Chairman of NITI Ayog
3. The Chief Minister of a Union Territory.
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
(a) 1 only
(b) 1 and 2 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 2 and 3 only
4. The ‘Special 301’ Report, recently in the news, is related to:
(a) measures to deal with terrorism by UN members.
(b) measures to deal with Climate Change by UN members.
(c) human rights violation issue in Srilanka
d) Intellectual Property Rights issue between USA and rest of the world.
5. With reference to the Attorney General of India, consider the following statements:
1. He has a right to take part in the proceedings of the committees of the Parliament, without right to vote.
2. He is debarred from private legal practice, since he is a full time counsel for the government.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
• NITI Ayog replaces Planning Commission as another executive body. It is not even a statutory body. PMO is also an executive body set up under an order of cabinet. Cabinet word however finds mention under Article 352 the Constitution in the context of National Emergency. Also, the constitution mentioned about the important parliamentary committee like PAC.
• In general election to the House of the People, the President call upon the parliamentary constituencies to elect members for the purpose of constituting a new House through notifications published in the Gazette of India on such date or dates as may be recommended by the Election Commission, The model code of conduct comes into force from this instant.
• Same is applicable in Vidhan sabha elctions
• Option 1 is correct. The members and chairman of Finance commission are appointed by the President.
• Option 2 is incorrect. The Deputy Chairman of Niti Ayog is appointed by the Cabinet.
• Option 3 is correct. The CM of the states are appointed by the respective Governors. But in a UT, they are appointed by the President.
The Special 301 Report is the US government’s annual roundup of countries it claims pose the greatest challenges to US IP rights owners.
• Statement 1 is correct: Attorney general of India has the right to speak and to take part in proceedings of both the houses of the Parliament or their joint sitting and any committee of the Parliament of which he may be named a member, but without right to vote.
• Statement 2 is incorrect: Attorney general of India is not debarred from private legal practice and is not a full time counsel for government of India.