- Recognition of national parties & benefits
- Model code of conduct
- SC: Ensure Elections are secular
- Section of 10A RPA on `Disqualification for failure to lodge account of election expenses
- Paid news
- Representation of People’s Act Section 8(4)
- Give a brief review of Election Commission of India (Ans: Link)
- To enhance the quality of democracy in India the Election Commission of India has proposed electoral reforms in 2016. What are the suggested reforms and how far are they significant to make democracy successful? (2017)
- ‘Simultaneous election to the Lok Sabha and the State Assemblies will limit the amount of time and money spent in electioneering but it will reduce the government’s accountability to the people’ Discuss.(2017)
- “The Indian party system is passing through a phase of transition which looks to be full of contradictions and paradoxes.” Discuss. (2016)
- E-postal ballots for NRI
- Indian party system
- Free and fair elections are the bedrock of democracy.
- Why two-party system is not suitable for Indian democracy?
- Can state funding of elections solve the problem of corruption in Indian elections? Critically analyse the pros and cons
- One India One Election will have adverse impact on India’s federal structure. Discuss
- Many countries around the world make it mandatory for citizens to vote. Does compulsory voting in India improve the functioning of democracy? Also elaborate the difficulties in implementing the same.
- What are the merits seen in employing NOTA button in Indian elections? Is it the right time to introduce “Right to reject”? Discuss