- Resorting to ordinances has always raised concern on violation of the spirit of separation of powers doctrine. While noting the rationales justifying the power to promulgate ordinances, analyze whether the decisions of the Supreme Court on the issue have further facilitated resorting to this power. Should the power to promulgate ordinances be repealed? (2015)
- Instances of President’s delay in commuting death sentences has come under public debate as denial of justice. Should there be a time limit specified for the President to accept/reject such petitions? Analyse.
- ‘The exercise of executive clemency is not a privilege but is based on several principles, and discretion has to be exercised in public considerations.’ Analyse this statement in the context of the judicial powers of the President of India. (2011)
- Explain the election process of Indian President?
- Motion of Thanks on the President’s Address
- Presidents rule
- Power of pardon
- Ordinance powers
- Can president refuse to impose presidents rule in a state? What are the steps involved in imposing presidents rule?
- The size of the cabinet should be as big as governmental work justifies and as big as the Prime Minister can manage as a team. How far the efficacy of a government then is inversely related to the size of the cabinet? Discuss.(2014)
- PMO & social media
- Minimum government; Maximum governance
- Cabinet secretary