UPSC MAINS 2016 GS PAPER 1 RAG+ topics
12 out of 20 questions were directly asked from our Android App RAG+ topics. This clearly shows RAG+ strategy is a simple & sure strategy to clear civil services exam. Know More about RAG
- Early Buddhist Stupa-art, while depicting folk motifs and narratives, successfully expounds Buddhist ideals. Elucidate.
- Krishnadeva Raya, the king of Vijayanagar, was not only an accomplished scholar himself but was a also a great patron of learning and literature. Discuss.
- Explain how the upraising of 1857 constitutes an important watershed in the evolution of British policies towards colonial India.
- Discuss the role of women in the freedom struggle especially during the Gandhian phase.(Direct question from our RAG topic: Women in Freedom Struggle )
- Highlight the differences in the approach of Subhash Chandra Bose and Mahatma Gandhi in the struggle for freedom.
- Has the formation of linguistic states strengthened the cause of Indian unity? (Similar question in our RAG topic: Regionalism and unity of India )
- The anti-colonial struggles in West Africa were led by the new elite of Western -educated Africans. Examine.
- To what extent globalisation has influenced the core of cultural diversity in India? Explain. ( Our RAG topic : Impact of globalization on rural India and education in India )
- “An essential condition to eradicate poverty is to liberate the poor from the process of deprivation.” Substantiate this statement with suitable examples. ( Our RAG topic: Poverty Cycle )
- Why are the tribals in India referred to as ‘the Scheduled Tribes’? Indicate the major provisions enshrined in the Constitution of India for their upliftment. ( Our RAG topic:
Welfare schemes for ST )
- With a brief background of quality of urban life in India, introduce the objectives and strategy of the ‘Smart City Programme.” ( Direct RAG topic: Smart City )
- What is the basis of regionalism? Is it that unequal distribution of benefits of development on regional basis eventually promotes regionalism? Substantiate your answer. (Our Practice Question: How does regionalism affect the issue of development? Explain.)
- Discuss the concept of air mass and explain its role in macro-climatic changes.
- “The Himalayas are highly prone to landslides.”Discuss the causes and suggest suitable measures of mitigation. (Repeat Question: Landslides in Himalayas)
- The effective management of land and water resources will drastically reduce the human miseries. Explain.
- South China Sea has assumed great geopolitical significance in the present context. Comment. (Direct RAG topic: South China Sea issue)
- Major cities of India are becoming vulnerable to flood conditions. Discuss. (Direct question from RAG topic: Flooding in urban areas)
- Present an account of the Indus Water Treaty and examine its ecological, economic and political implications in the context of changing bilateral relations. (Again Direct RAG topic: Indus Water Treaty)
- Enumerate the problems and prospects of inland water transport in India. (Our RAG topic under infrastructure: National waterway project)
- In what way micro-watershed development projects help in water conservation in drought-prone and semi-arid regions of India?