- The life cycle of a joint family depends on economic factors rather than social values. Discuss. (2014)
- Social inequality and exclusion
- Anti-superstition campaigns
- Marriages in India
- Cultural lag
- Urban poverty
- Integration of North East with mainstream India
- Honor killing
- Outline the major means of social control in modern society.
- Explain the relevance of the idea of ‘cultural lag’ in understanding social change.
- Describe any four cultural elements of diversity in India and rate their relative significance in building a national identity (2015)
- Unifying factors of Indian society
- Racial discrimination
- Indian culture abroad
- Cultural elements of diversity
- In the North East there exists diversity in diversity, as there are many ethnic groups, who live peacefully and supplement each other’s achievements. For instance, Manipur should be known as sports state of India because of more athletes, Mizoram as bamboo state of India, Sikkim as organic state of India and Assam as waterways state of India. There are some states in the North East which are performing well because of hard work and discipline, such as Mizoram which has literacy rate next only to Kerala and Sikkim which has growth rate of over 20%.
- Explain the social functions of festivals and pilgrimages