- Left Wing Extremism (LWE) is showing a downward trend, but still affects many parts of the country. Briefly explain the Government of India’s approach to counter the challenges posed by LWE. (2018)
- The persisting drives of the government for development of large industries in backward areas have resulted in isolating the tribal population and the farmers who face multiple displacements with Malkangiri and naxalbari foci, discuss the corrective strategies needed to win the left wing extremism (LWE) doctrine affected citizens back into the mainstream of social and economic growth.(2015)
- Article 244 of Indian Constitution relates to Administration of Scheduled areas and tribal areas. Analyze the impact of non-implementation of the provisions of fifth schedule on the growth of Left Wing Extremism. (2013)
- Effective implementation of Forest Rights Act (2006): Solution to Naxalism?
- Naxalism and Demonetisation
- Fifth Schedule of Constitution & Naxalism
- An honest development officer is worth hundred para-military foots on ground
- Demonetisation has effectively neutralised terrorism, naxalism. Comment.
- The north-eastern region of India has been infested with insurgency for a very long time. Analyze the major reasons for the survival of armed insurgency in this region. (2017)
- Human rights activists constantly highlight the view that the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 (AFSPA) is a draconian act leading to cases of human rights abuses by the security forces. What sections of AFSPA are opposed by the activists? Critically evaluate the requirement with reference to the view held by the Apex Court. (2015)
- Inline Permit Issue
- North East and issue of infiltration
- Northeast Vision 2020
- 3H solution for North East – Herbal, Horticulture and Handicrafts.
- The obstacle for growth of North Eastern region is not the lack of infrastructure but the internal ethnic conflicts. Comment
- The scourge of terrorism is a grave challenge to national security. What solutions do you suggest to curb this growing menace? What are the major sources of terrorist funding? (2017)
- Mob violence is emerging as a serious law and order problem in India. By giving suitable examples, analyze the causes and consequences of such violence.(2017)
- ‘Terrorism is emerging as a competitive industry over the last few decades.” Analyse the above statement.
- The diverse nature of India as a multireligious and multi-ethnic society is not immune to the impact of radicalism which has been in her neighbourhood. Discuss along with the strategies to be adopted to counter this environment.(2014)
- Religious indoctrination via digital media has resulted in Indian youth joining the ISIS. What is ISIS and its mission? How can ISIS be dangerous for the internal security of our country? (2015)
- Kashmir unrest
- Terrorism and Industry
- a traditional threat is one of low probability but high impact risk. Non-traditional threats are continuous, daily occurrences and their impact can vary from the negligible to the dramatic.Traditional threats example: Territorial disputes; Non Traditional threats examples: Terrorism, Piracy.
- What do you understand by good terrorism and bad terrorism? Why UN is reluctant to define terrorism ?