- What are the major changes brought in the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 through the recent Ordinance promulgated by the President? How far will it improve India’s dispute resolution mechanism? Discuss. (2015)
- Starting from inventing the ‘basic structure’ doctrine, the judiciary has played a highly proactive role in ensuring that India develops into a thriving democracy. In light of the statement, evaluate the role played by judicial activism in achieving the ideals of democracy.(2014)
- Discuss Section 66A of IT Act, with reference to its alleged violation of Article 19 of the Constitution. (2013)
- The Supreme Court of India keeps a check on arbitrary power of the Parliament in amending the Constitution. Discuss critically. (2013)
- Evolution of ‘Green Benches’ in our higher judiciary. (2011)
- Lok adalat vs NALSA
- Judicial overreach
- Commercial courts
- Plea bargaining
- Collegium system
- Koushal Judgement (LGBT issue)
- Section 66A
- SC directive: Upload within 48 hours a FIR.
- Suggestion: SC to make annual recruitment mandatory to fill vacancies in police department.
- The US has 108 judges for a million people, against 12 in the case of India.
- The bedrock of our democracy is the rule of law and that means we have to have an independent judiciary, judges who can make decisions independent of the political winds that are blowing.
- Critically examine the benefits of Middle Income Group Scheme, introduced by the Supreme Court of India.
- Judicial Appointments: Why Is It Still Eluding Solutions?
- Why Judiciary is reluctant to come under the ambit of RTI?