- Public health system has limitations in providing universal health coverage. Do you think that the private sector could help in bridging the gap? What other viable alternatives would you suggest? (2015)
- Identify the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) that are related to health. Discuss the success of the actions taken by the Government for achieving the same. (2013)
- What do you understand by the term “Multi-Drug Resistant Tuberculosis” (MDR-TB)? What measures would you advocate for its containment and what are the implications of its spread in the community? (2012)
- WHO: FCTC- Framework convention tobacco control
- Global TB report 2016
- Tax on Junk food, WHO: Sugar Tax
- Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY)
- India Health Report: Nutrition 2015
- India sanitation campaign
- NFHS Survey 2015
- Clinical Trials
- Project sunrise: North east reduction of AIDS incidence
- Deaths due to Particulate matter: Taking the road less dusty
- Euthanasia issue
- Controlling Chikangunya/Dengue: Best Practices.
- Mental Health Care Bill
- NACP + HIV & AIDS Bill, 2014
- Wrong faith and malicious propaganda like vaccines are UnIslamic has caused more deaths in Kerala among Muslim community due to diphtheria
- Curriculum additions: Palliative care, Organ transplantation, Antimicrobial resistance
- Poor diagnosis and poor management of sick children by health care providers is the main reason for high incidence of deaths due to diarrhoea and pneumonia
- National Health Policy 2017 seeks to move away from sick-care to wellness, with a thrust on prevention and health promotion.
- As a signatory to Brasilia Declaration, India is committed to reduce the number of road accidents and fatalities by 50% by 2020. Analyse the challenges and suggest reforms to achieve the above commitment. (Source)
- TB control faces daunting challenges in India. Critically analyse the governments plan to eliminate TB by 2025.
- Discuss the salient features of National Health Policy 2017 (Source)
- As per WHO report, Mental disorder’s like depression and anxiety among Indian’s are increasing rapidly. Identify the cause the suggest remedy.
- What are the objectives and salient features of Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK).
- Critically analyse the reasons for poor regulation of pharmaceutical Drugs in India. Suggest some remedial measures. (source: link)
- The quality of higher education in India requires major improvements to make it internationally competitive. Do you think that the entry of foreign educational institutions would help improve the quality of higher and technical education in the country? Discuss. (2015)
- Should the premier institutes like IITs/IIMs be allowed to retain premier status, allowed more academic independence in designing courses and also decide mode/criteria of selection of students. Discuss in light of the growing challenges. (2014)
- Reimagining intelligence
- Skill development
- National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF)
- Impacting Research, Innovation & Technology (IMPRINT)
- Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN)
- OECD study shows that better technology in classroom does not always translate into better learning outcomes but teachers training does
- Skills Assessment Matrix for Vocational Advancement of Youth (SAMVAY) that provides seamless movement from education to skill.
- 20% of the world’s working-age population will live in India by 2025
- Define digital literacy. How a digital literacy enable people to actively and effectively participate in the democratic and developmental process and also enhance their livelihood.
- An athlete participates in Olympics for personal triumph and nation’s glory; victors are showered with cash incentives by various agencies, on their return. Discuss the merit of state sponsored talent hunt and its cultivation as against the rationale of a reward mechanism as encouragement. (2014)
- Despite strict prohibitory regulations, “doping” has become increasingly common amongst athletes. Name five commonly used performance enhancing drugs. What are the risks associated with their use? (2012)
- Lodha committee report
- Lodha committee recommendations: Can they apply to all sports bodies?Click Here
- The central government’s proposal to integrate sports in the school curriculum is a welcome move as it will help give a more serious role for sports and games in students’ education. Discuss
- Though there have been several different estimates of poverty in India, all indicate reduction in poverty levels over time. Do you agree? Critically examine with reference to urban and rural poverty indicators.(2015)
- Hidden hunger
- Urban poor vs rural poor
- Globalization’s effects on poverty in India
- Povert estimates
- Discuss the steps that will help India to achieve Goal 1 of sustainable development goals (SDG’s).