- What is the ‘Parivarik Mahila Lok Adalat’? (2012)
- Controversy over Maternity Leave
- Draft Policy on Women
- Issues related to women sterilization in India
- Bring out the significance of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana and analyse how it leads to empowerment of women.
- The benefits of the MTP Act to women in India are precious, but they have to be backed up with an appropriate socio-cultural and regulatory environment. Comment
- Domestic violence law is currently a hotly debated topic around the world. Critically analyse the legislative reforms needed in India to stamp out domestic violence from our country.
- Examine the main provisions of the National Child Policy and throw light on the status of its implementation. (2016)
- The concept of Mid Day Meal (MDM) scheme is almost a century old in India with early beginnings in Madras Presidency in pre-independent India. The scheme has again been given impetus in most states in the last two decades. Critically examine its twin objectives, latest mandates and success. (2013)
- The Union Cabinet recently cleared the proposal to rename and amend the Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986. What are the salient features of the proposed amendments? (2012)
- Child Labour Amendment Act, 2016
- POSCO Act
- Human trafficking
- Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015
- Issue of malnutrition, hidden hunger
- Mid-day meal scheme
- Infant Mortality Rate (IMR) declined from 57 to 41 per 1,000 live births between NFHS-3 (2005-06) and NFHS-4.
- Critically examine how the recent amendments to the Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986, will help in tackling the problem of child labour in the country.
- The benefits of POCSO Act would trickle down to the child only if this act is implemented in its true sense and spirit by all the agencies. Discuss
- Problems specific to the denotified and nomadic tribes in India (2011)
- Scheduled Tribes in India
- It was Mahatma Gandhi who fought hard to recognize Scheduled Tribes as free citizens of India and called them the Girijans or the Children of the Forest God.
- Enumerate the rights guaranteed under the The United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People (UNDRIP)
- Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill, 2016
- National Programme for Control of Blindness (NPCB)
- Accessible India Campaign
- Incheon Strategy
- Jeevan Pramaan
- Geriatric care
- Get inspiration from disabled people and know where you are disabled.
- The success of Accessible India Campaign mainly depends on attitudnal changes among the public. Comment
- The basis of providing urban amenities in rural areas (PURA) is rooted in establishing connectivity. Comment. (2013)
- Housing for All
- MGNREGA (10 yrs)
- Project LIFE-MGNREGA
- Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- A year on, ‘adarsh gram yojana’ fails to bring noticeable progress in adopted villages. Comment
- Do government’s schemes for up-lifting vulnerable and backward communities by protecting required social resources for them, lead to their exclusion in establishing businesses in urban economics? (2014)
- Two parallel run schemes of the Government viz. the Adhaar Card and NPR, one as voluntary and the other as compulsory, have led to debates at national levels and also litigations. On merits, discuss whether or not both schemes need run concurrently. Analyse the potential of the schemes to achieve developmental benefits and equitable growth.(2014)
- The Central Government frequently complains on the poor performance of the State Governments in eradicating suffering of the vulnerable sections of the society. Restructuring of Centrally sponsored schemes across the sectors for ameliorating the cause of vulnerable sections of population aims at providing flexibility to the States in better implementation. Critically evaluate. (2013)
- Centre’s promise of doubling farmer income
- The Persons in Destitution (Protection, Care and Rehabilitation) Model Bill of 2016
- JAM (Jandhan, Aadhar & Mobile)
- Tribal welfare
- MUDRA bank
- Suggest measures to improve the effective implementation of welfare schemes along with examples.
- The web that anti-begging laws in the states together spin is dense. But the common theme running through them is the same. Discuss the issue of criminalising begging in India
- Discuss what are obstacles faced by government in fulfilling its promise of doubling farmers income by 2020.