Table of contents
- Why did the industrial revolution first occur in England? Discuss the quality of life of the people there during the industrialization. How does it compare with that in India at present? (2015)
- “Latecomer” Industrial revolution in Japan involved certain factors that were markedly different from what west had experience. (2013)
- Scientific discoveries during Industrial revolution
- Impact of Industrial revolution on India
- Industrial revolution in west
- Industrial revolution in Japan
- To what extent can Germany be held responsible for causing the two World Wars? Discuss critically (2015)
- World War I and Indian Freedom Struggle
- WW II and Indian Army
- Japan in WW II
- Balkan states
- Discuss the factors that led to Japan’s emergence as imperialistic country during WW II and how were they different from west
- A significant cause of European tension prior to World War I was continued instability and conflict in the Balkans. Elaborate (Ans: Click Here)
- What were the events that led to the Suez Crisis in 1956? How did it deal a final blow to Britain’s self-image as a world power? (2014)
- Vietnam war
- Reconstruction of Japan post WW II
- Arab league
- Cuban crisis
- Rise of communism post world war II
- Berlin Wall
- Oslo agreement
- Emergence of third world
- Truman Doctrine
- The Arab nationalism had a peculiar character. It stood for creation of separate Arab States as well as for the unity of all Arabs irrespective of their state boundaries. – Examine.
- Arab nationalism and oil – these were the principal Factors in complicating the relations of Middle Eastern countries with the outside world.
- Discuss the aims of the establishment of the Arab League and assess it role in safeguarding the interests of the Arab nations.
- Trace the growth of Arab nationalism after the, First World War. How far was it a reaction to oil imperialism?
- Explain the circumstances leading to the emergence of Third World and analyze its impact on world affairs.
- What problems are germane to the decolonization process in the Malay Peninsula? (2017)
- What were the major political, economic and social developments in the world which motivated the anti-colonial struggle in India? (2014)
- American Revolution was an economic revolt against mercantilism. Substantiate. (2013)
- Africa was chopped into states artificially created by accident of European competition. Analyse.
- End of apartheid in South Africa
- Chinese revolutions
- Banana war
- Decolonization is finished. Yet somehow it has refused to become history. Comment
- The New Economic Policy – 1921 of Lenin had influenced the policies adopted by India soon after independence. Evaluate. (2014)
- What policy instruments were deployed to contain the great economic depression? (2013)
- Truman Doctrine
- Agricultural revolution
- Discuss the factors that led to establishment of WTO.