Previous year questions
- How do the virtues of trustworthiness and fortitude get manifested in public service? Explain with examples (150 words) (2015)
- “Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, but knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful.” What do you understand by this statement? Explain your stand with illustrations from the modern context. (2014)
- “Human beings should always be treated as ‘ends’ in themselves and never as merely `means’.” Explain the meaning and significance of this statement, giving its implications in the modern techno-economic society. (2014)
- What do you understand by the following terms in the context of public service? (5 terms x 3 marks each=15 marks |250 words)
- Spirit of service
- Courage of conviction (2013)
- What do you understand by the following terms ? Point out their specific relevance in public service;
- Intellectual integrity.
- Spirit of service.
- Commitment. (Sample)
- Integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship
- Tolerance & compassion
- Objectivity, dedication to public service
- SMART Police: SMART: Strict but Sensitive, Modern and Mobile, Alert and Accountable, Reliable and Responsive, Tech-savvy and Trained
- Civil service is a work for patriots, not for mere job hunters ; for seekers of dynamic spirituality, and not of static peity fringed worldliness ; for men and women endowed with spirit of service, and not for puny self centered careerists.
From book – The philosophy of democratic administration.
- The absence of “imaginative sympathy” converts an administration into soulless bureaucracy
- Civil services is about intent not intellect. Comment.